Buying New vs. Buying Used: Explore the Benefits of Both
If you’re pondering the age old buying new vs. buying used conundrum, you certainly aren’t alone. A whole host of factors need to be considered, but the ultimate answer depends mostly on your own needs. To decide, simply read through the benefits of each option to see which sounds most appealing.
Benefits of Buying New
Most people would prefer to buy new if money was no object, and there are plenty of reasons why. Here are just a few advantages that come with buying new:
- Made to Measure: You can decide on everything from exterior color to interior fabrics and onboard features.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: If you want the latest in comfort, convenience, and safety, you’ll have to buy new.
- Leading Efficiency Scores: Modern vehicles are more efficient than older ones, so you’ll top up less and enjoy an eco-friendly drive.
- Superior Reliability: Used cars are more reliable than they used to be, but a car with no previous owners still takes the cake for dependability.
- Special Offers: Most dealers are more likely to provide special offers on new vehicles rather than used.
Benefits of Buying Used
It used to be that buying used was a roll of the dice, but modern vehicles can last well over 100,000 miles without showing signs of wear, so many of the old stigmas are gone. Better yet, advantages of buying used include:
- Lower Price: Cars depreciate sharply over the first couple of years, so you can secure a very good deal and miss out on that initial loss of value yourself.
- Lower Insurance Rates: Used cars are worth less on paper, so they don’t cost as much to insure.
- Wider Range: Buying used means having numerous model years to choose from, not just numerous models.
- Optional Certification Programs: Many manufacturers now offer certified pre-owned programs with attractive incentives.
Compare New and Used Models for Yourself at Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Everything from fuel-efficiency around Portage to starting prices at dealerships are going to affect your decision. If you need any further advice, don’t hesitate to contact us, or read through our car buying checklist. You can also visit our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership near Valparaiso today!
More From Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The RAM 1500 is designed to handle even the toughest tasks with ease. However, RAM 1500 accessories can help you further customize your ride to meet your needs. There is a variety of RAM 1500 truck bed accessories that you can choose from. Let’s take a closer look at what’s available. Order Parts RAM 1500…
The range of 2019 Jeep Wrangler accessories available at Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram serve to enhance the already impressive off-road performance of this iconic model. Add-ons, like a roof-top cargo carrier or the Wrangler air-intake snorkel, can help customize your ride to meet your needs. Plan your next adventure and find the Wrangler accessories you need at Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram…
The 2019 RAM 1500 has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway with a 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, front-wheel drive, and eTorque capability. The RAM 1500 also has impressive fuel economy throughout the lineup, including best-in-class 4×4 MPG. If you’re looking for a highly capable and efficient pickup truck in…