Buying New vs. Buying Used: Explore the Benefits of Both
If you’re pondering the age old buying new vs. buying used conundrum, you certainly aren’t alone. A whole host of factors need to be considered, but the ultimate answer depends mostly on your own needs. To decide, simply read through the benefits of each option to see which sounds most appealing.
Benefits of Buying New
Most people would prefer to buy new if money was no object, and there are plenty of reasons why. Here are just a few advantages that come with buying new:
- Made to Measure: You can decide on everything from exterior color to interior fabrics and onboard features.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: If you want the latest in comfort, convenience, and safety, you’ll have to buy new.
- Leading Efficiency Scores: Modern vehicles are more efficient than older ones, so you’ll top up less and enjoy an eco-friendly drive.
- Superior Reliability: Used cars are more reliable than they used to be, but a car with no previous owners still takes the cake for dependability.
- Special Offers: Most dealers are more likely to provide special offers on new vehicles rather than used.
Benefits of Buying Used
It used to be that buying used was a roll of the dice, but modern vehicles can last well over 100,000 miles without showing signs of wear, so many of the old stigmas are gone. Better yet, advantages of buying used include:
- Lower Price: Cars depreciate sharply over the first couple of years, so you can secure a very good deal and miss out on that initial loss of value yourself.
- Lower Insurance Rates: Used cars are worth less on paper, so they don’t cost as much to insure.
- Wider Range: Buying used means having numerous model years to choose from, not just numerous models.
- Optional Certification Programs: Many manufacturers now offer certified pre-owned programs with attractive incentives.
Compare New and Used Models for Yourself at Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Everything from fuel-efficiency around Portage to starting prices at dealerships are going to affect your decision. If you need any further advice, don’t hesitate to contact us, or read through our car buying checklist. You can also visit our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership near Valparaiso today!
More From Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2020 Chicago Auto Show is fast-approaching this February and we can’t wait for Valparaiso and Hobart residents alike to see what the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM brand has in store for the future. Get an overview of this year’s Chicago Auto Show below, including dates, exhibits, how to get there, and our Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram special…
Over the decades, the Jeep Wrangler has sported unforgettable style, and the 2020 model is no exception. With nearly 20 exterior colors to choose from and plenty of interior options, you can find the 2020 Jeep Wrangler configuration that fits your style–explore Jeep Wrangler colors at Connors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram near Valparaiso, then contact us for a test…
Starting at $71,745 MSRP, the Dodge Charger SRT® Hellcat Widebody is the highest trim level of the 2020 Dodge Charger model. As the name suggests its 78.3-inch vehicle width makes it 3.3 inches wider than most other Charger trims. And as the name also suggests, it is equipped with a mighty SRT® engine. Explore all the…